Search the Collection
You may search or browse the collection. Please keep the following in mind when searching:
• In 18th century literature printers used the “long s” which the OCR software translates as “f”, bear this in mind when searching (e.g. search for “flavery” and “slavery” to get full results).
• There are nearly 800 items, with over 40,000 pages. Keyword searching will search every one of these pages. So if you search for “slavery” you will get a lot of results.
• Multiple words (e.g., "west indies") are searched as phrases
• Use ? with partial words to find variant endings: abolition? Finds abolition, abolitionist, abolitionists, etc.
• Do not use Boolean operators: and, or, not